Saturday, October 28, 2006

Back in Iowa.....




I returned to the farm on Wednesday night, Oct. 25. Matt picked me up with my car at the airport and then we drove to his home. I drove in drizzle, cold and rush hour traffic through Omaha. It was quite a slap in the face weather-wise after being in Phoenix and 80+ weather for two weeks. When I leave to be granny nanny I will miss Mark much during the planting season but I will NOT miss Iowa weather. I know many people love Iowa weather, I just happen to not be one of them. :-) I did some shopping yesterday in Ames but other than that I have not been outside since I returned home. Sad....

The pictures show what Iowa looks like right now. Dead is the operative word. Dead flowers, dead tree leaves, dead corn and beans, deadly winds, dying grass. Other than that, it is really nice here. :-)

1 comment:

Marla said...

I agree about the depressing part. Much more fun to see lots of color and hummingbirds and butterflies all around.