Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dalhart, Texas......





We left the farm this morning at 5:15 a.m. and drove to a Dalhart motel arriving around 6 p.m. Long, long day but as the pictures will show, I should have kept driving until I arrived in Phoenix to see our new grandson. :-) We just came back from a delicious steak dinner at a steak house within walking distance from our motel. I have a feeling it was the ONLY place to eat in this cattle town, but am not certain. We hope to get out of here early tomorrow and should be holding my new grandson Drew by dinnertime tomorrow night. Now that will make tomorrow's long drive worth it all..........

The green glow is a blanket to help with Drew's jaundice.

6 comments:

Cyndy said...

What is a Dalhart motel and what city? It sounds like one I stayed in, Vanita, Oklahoma. Everything was
closed, had to eat hot foot from Walmart, even
the liquor store was closed. Now don't speed!

Marla said...

We are at a Comfort Inn in Dalhart, TX. Small cattle town with motels and a steak joint. The steak WAS delicious, though.

Marla said...

I see it posted the wrong time again. It is actually 5:07!!! I actually slept in today, but now it is time to shower, get on the road and hold that baby!!!!!!

Susan said...

What a beautiful, precious little Thiel boy! Andy, Megan and over-joyed grandparents must be thrilled to death! Congrats to all and keep in touch! Susan

Cyndy said...

I saw you in Texas today...driving thru the HEB grocery store in your brand new Camry! Why didn't
you wave? Having a great night? 830 PM post

Marla said...

Thanks Susan! I was holding him by 4 p.m. yesterday. What an unforgettable feeling.....