Friday, March 02, 2007

The rear view mirror








My dear friend Jan and I were talking on the phone last night discussing this latest round of horrendous weather and loss of electricity. She had me laughing when she stated "your best memory of Iowa will be getting to look at it through your car's rear view mirror next week." I hate to say it, but going on 4 days this week without electricity and a raging blizzard now in progress, she has a very good point. That may be my best memory! Thanks for making me smile, Jan!

We have "lots" of snowdrifts, the size I haven't seen since Matt and Megan were young children. Utility companies have pulled all crews off of rural areas so we don't look for any line repairs for a few days. No human being should be outside in this so I am glad the companies sent their guys home.

I wrote to my son-in-law Andy begging him to send me some new pics of Drew, as I was going through "withdrewal" and he graciously obliged. The posted pictures today are views from our home and Drew. Keep warm and safe everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't get a chance to see you at school the other day, so I thought I'd check out your blog. What a beautiful baby he is! So adorable! And I bet you won't spoil him. Please know that you are missed!

Susan Kallem

Marla said...

Thanks Susan. I missed ALL the K teachers....where were you girls?? I will "try" not to spoil him. :-) Also, I miss all of you a lot, too! Keep in touch, Marla

Cyndy said...

Can Megan be any happier?