Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The desert is hopping!




Lots of money being spent in the area this week. The Super Bowl and the FBR Open are both on the same week-end and the local channels can barely contain themselves. :-) Celeb sightings everywhere, except evidently where I go! We are going to attend the FBR Open but couldn't quite afford the ticket price for the Super Bowl. Andy was hoping he would get a shot at a ticket with his season ticket but wasn't lucky in that department. There were very few given the shot at that. Anyway, it is a very exciting week here in the Phoenix area.

The weather has been cooler but I was sweating after our walk today. I feel guilty saying that after hearing from my Minnesota sister that they had a SEVENTY FOUR degree temp drop in 12 hours. God, I do not miss that crap!!! I also saw that my former school dismissed today at noon due to terrible weather. Drive safely all you mid-westerners!! And I will make sure I put sun screen on each day. Sorry, that was mean.

Well, I will throw a couple of pictures up of Drew just because it's my blog and I can. :-) The first picture shows Drew doing the Richard Nixon impersonation I taught him.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was mean! I hope you get sunburned. =) Early-outs and late starts are the ONLY good thing about Iowa winter.