Saturday, May 29, 2010

Forgotten connection....

I arrived in Iowa on Wednesday and will fly back on Memorial Day. I forgot the cable that goes to the computer so cannot upload any video or digital pictures. Dang! I thought I had one here on the farm but am not locating it at the moment!

Mark finished planting beans yesterday morning so we celebrated having another crop in the ground. Now, we wait to see what the summer brings. Hopefully, timely rains and NO hail. :-) I know, that is asking a lot of Iowa's weather...

I have been outdoors constantly since arriving. Digging in all the flower beds, transplanting stuff, filling pots with flowers, etc. I have been loving it! Today I am going to mow. I suppose I should spend tomorrow cleaning the house. :-(

I still don't know exactly when I will be driving back to the farm for the summer but it is looking much closer now. My best guess is 3 weeks but that is only a guess! I have a good friend that has a retirement party on June 17th but don't know if I will make it. If I don't, Sue, know I am there in spirit!

Well, time to go spray round-up before the inevitable winds pick up. Enjoy your week-end and don't forget to put some flowers out in remembrance...

3 comments:

sue said...

I know you will be there in spirit. You will have a whirlwind June! Shall I water your flowers? Oh, that's right. We will get the perfect amount of moisture for crops and flowers this year:-)

Cyber Granny said...

Sounds like you've died and gone to Heaven with all your gardening and good weather to boot. :-)

MNGroovyGranny said...

Oh my, I sure hope you will be back in Iowa by the end of June. Hope that all works out for you. I look forward to seeing the yard and its beauty.