Monday, August 23, 2010

Babysitting in Peoria

Mark and I left Wednesday for Peoria. Drew and Kayley's day care was closed Thursday and Friday so we babysat and had a great time with them. We stayed through the week-end and returned to the farm last night.

They had lots of over grown bushes around their deck so I cut them WAY down, probably too far down, and Mark bundled them for pick up. It was so hot and humid that even grandma was wishing for a crisp fall day!

Megan and Andy took advantage of having Mark's truck there and went shopping for patio furniture and a recliner for Andy on Saturday. They also spent some time looking for granite counter top but didn't find anything yet. Mark thought their home was big and very nice. I think it will be a great home for their family. Drew certainly loves his new house!

I finally got front and back yard pictures of their home and naturally some pics of my two favorite grand kids.











3 comments:

Cyber Granny said...

Looks like a McMansion with a yard that's big enough for a family reunion. :-). Do they have in-laws quarters?

Marla said...

Yes! We have our own bedroom with a bathroom/shower and walk-in closet. Not that I bring that many clothes!

MNGroovyGranny said...

"Shut the stinkin lights off".... oh my, too funny. From the mouths of babes. Great house and lots of room. Thanks for sharing this.