Sunday, September 25, 2016

End of summer

Summer ended on a good note!  We spent Labor Day week-end in Okoboji and we had lots of company!  I went up on Thursday so I could be there when Matt and Janelle and her parents arrived on Friday.  It was our first time meeting Matt's future in-laws and they are just lovely people!  I look forward to seeing them this winter in Laughlin if it works out! Mark, Megan, Kayley and Ryan joined us on Saturday.  We had a great time and made many memories!

I woke up to this beautiful dawn at Okoboji.

We took a boat ride and stopped at the Barefoot Bar for a drink.  Even the kids were glad we stopped!

Summer Houchins and Ryan on the train

Building sand structures

Kayley finally got to jump after a very long wait

Fun on the lily pad

Matt and Levi outside their cabin

Matt and Janelle enjoying the fire at the boat house

Ryan and Kayley are enjoying Rick's boat ride!
I went to Peoria on September 14, which just happened to be Megan's birthday.  The kids and I baked her a cake and we went to Double A's for pizza.  I stayed through the following Tuesday, so had a nice long visit with my grandkids.

Kayley and her friends experimenting with makeup!

Drew playing catch with his little brother

These two entertained grandma dancing to many songs

Drew is somewhere in this pile!

He is just so darned cute!  :-)

No comments: